Candidate for City Councillor
I'm standing in the upcoming City of London by-election.
I want to serve you, our residents, workers and businesses, and continue to make the City of London a safe and prosperous place to live and work.
With great respect and sadness for the passing of Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II, The Court of Common Council of The City of London has today voted for this Thursday's election to proceed as planned. Despite the difficult timing, I hope that I can still count on your support.Thank you.
Why support me?
I am an experienced City of London Councillor and Committee Chair. I care deeply about our wonderful city and will use my boundless energy and enthusiasm to improve the lives and prospects of all who live, work and visit here.
I was first elected in 2013 and served until a professional conflict of interest forced me to stand down in late 2021. I can now re-stand and hope to return as your dedicated volunteer and campaigner.
As an experienced City Councillor, I can navigate the internal processes to make things happen. Having chaired committees and successfully lobbied for change, I will deliver on your priorities to drive towards a better City of London for all.
- Investing in the City as a world centre for culture and commerce
- Showing the City of London is relevant to all Londoners
- Connecting businesses, residents, commuters and visitors
- Protecting our open spaces for all Londoners
- Stewarding the City Corporation’s investments and charitable projects
- Improving air quality, road safety and a better environment
- Promoting diversity and social mobility within the City of London Corporation
I am committed, proactive and get things done. Always pragmatic, I am non-partisan and work tirelessly for causes I care about.
My career has been in Communications and Change Management. Currently, I am a Global Communications Leader for a professional services company. Previously I held senior positions in both startups and international consulting firms.
I will bring a wealth of experience to the City of London and ensure it has world-class communications.
I served as a Councillor in the City of London for eight and a half years. Highlights of my previous terms were:
- Serving as a trustee on The City Bridge Trust, which grants over £25 million a year to London charities.
- Chairman of Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queens Park, maximising our contribution to sport and recreation whilst managing conservation and concerns of residents.
- Serving on the Policy & Resources and Resource Allocation committees which guide the work and budget of the City of London.
In these positions, I successfully lobbied for small businesses to be supported through the pandemic with the approval of a grant of £50mn for small businesses to apply for. I also successfully lobbied for an improved focus and funding for sport, in order to make our city a more attractive place to live and work.
I am also a keen supporter of small businesses and fought for more funding to assist them through the pandemic. As a result, they could survive and continue to operate as returned we to our offices.